CTO at eddress (May 2015 - current)
eddress revolutionizes the way we create, share and find addresses by turning them digital. Our app converts long physical addresses into short and shareable alphanumeric codes. When you relocate, just update your information and keep the same code.
As a CTO, I am responsible for the following:
Head of IT development at ViaMobile (May 2014 - April 2015)
ViaMobile was a company based in Lebanon specialised in mobile payments that merged in 2015 with PinPay.
As head of IT development, my major responsibilities were:
- Building a new development team.
- Android and iOS mobile development for the Simba app.
- Monitoring and assessing all aspects of the system including security, stability and integrity as well as designing and implementing new modules and services.
- IT Consultancy.
- Conducting local and international integrations with different service providers.
Senior Developer at Dermandar (Aug 2012 - Apr 2014)
Dermandar is a Lebanese company specialized in digital image technologies.
As a senior developer, I worked on the following:
- Main developer of DMD Clone mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Main developer of 360 Ball mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Responsible for the Research and development of numerous creative ideas.
- Improved Dermandar social experience on both Dermandar mobile app and website.
- Implemented SSL encryption for https://www.dermandar.com/.
Solely developed the user interface and the backend for the Lebanese news website Akhbar lel nasher using PHP and MySQL.
Vector Graphics Software￬
Master Thesis: Face Sketcher
Preliminary identikit picture tool for forensic investigation
The program's philosophy is simple: A trained police officer composes the face of the suspect using different face elements according to a witness' descriptions which do not have to be very detailed (age, sex, face shape, hairstyle and all other details which the witness remembers). This process may be repeated several times with multiple witnesses in order to receive more accurate composite face image.
Sindbad PV CAD (University Project)￬
Hello, my name is Alexi Akl and I am a Software Engineer (Graduated in 2009, Politechnika Lodzka - Poland). Developed numerous mobile (Android and iOS), desktop and web applications related to the following subjects: Image Processing, Mobile Payments, Workforce Management, Vector graphics and CAD systems, OpenGL, Point of Sale, Facial Composite, Content Management System (CMS).
I mostly enjoy combining Programming, Problem Solving, Algorithms and Mathematics skills to implement optimized, reliable and stable solutions for the different issues of nowadays IT world.
I keep up to date with the latest news and trends in the software industry searching for the best available and modern technologies to create innovative, secure, stable, cross-platform and user friendly solutions for individual clients, companies or users all over the world.
A Space and Technology enthusiast, Cinema fan, psychology and philosophy hobbyist.
Some of my skills: